The Tom Sawyer Trivia Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
1. NO PURCHASE OR INTERNET SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. MINORS SHOULD GET THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS PERMISSION BEFORE ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes begins on at 12:01 am (CST) on March 15, 2000 and ends at 11:59 pm (CST) on April 19 2000.
2. HOW TO ENTER: TO ENTER BY MAIL: on a 3" x 5" card, handprint (no mechanical reproductions accepted) your first and last name, complete mailing address (including zip code), telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable) and mail to "The Tom Sawyer Trivia Contest, 3000 West Alameda, Suite 1585, Burbank , CA 91523). All mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 19, 2000 and received by April 26, 2000. Enter as often as you like by mail, but each entry must be mailed separately. TO ENTER ON THE INTERNET: Beginning at 12:01 am (CST) you may also enter by visiting the Tom Sawyer website at www.mgm.com/tomsawyer and following the sweepstakes entry directions; providing your first and last name, complete mailing address (including zip code), telephone number, e-mail address (if applicable) and the answers to the three trivia questions asked. NOTE: The correct answers to the trivia questions are not required for entry into the Sweepstakes. . All on-line entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on April 19, 2000. Only one on-line entry per person will be accepted. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Sponsor, (as defined below) their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes; inability to access this web site, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site; printing errors; and any mailed entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing or entering information at website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible and incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. False and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico). Employees of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. ("MGM Inc."), MGM Home Entertainment Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, promotional partners and the immediate families of each living in the same household are not eligible to enter. By accepting a prize, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless MGM Inc., MGM Home Entertainment Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries. directors, officers, attorneys, employees, shareholders, promotional partners and agents from any and all damage, injury, death, loss or other liability of any kind that may arise from or in connection with his or her acceptance of a prize, possession or use of any prize, or his or her participation in this promotion, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering or accepting a prize in this Sweepstakes, winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and to conform to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All licenses, registrations, federal, state and local taxes are the winners' responsibility. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize is unavailable at program's end, a substitution of equal or greater retail value will be made at the Sponsor's sole discretion Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the winners' and Grand Prize winner's travel companion's name, likeness, statements and submitted entry for publicity purposes without additional compensation or limitation. Void in Puerto Rico, and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
7. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate on-line entry if technical difficulties compromise the integrity or ability to continue on-line entry. If on-line entry is terminated, notification will be posted on the website at www.mgm.com/tomsawyer. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. All correctly completed entries received on-line as of termination date together with all eligible mail-in entries received, will be included in the random drawing. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an on-line entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account.
NOTE: Internet entry must be made by the entrant, only at the authorized website address of www.mgm.com/tomsawyer. Entries made by any other individual or any entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and as such ruled ineligible for this Sweepstakes.